Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Weight Loss

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Don't ignore your blessings

Yes I have taken on a second job. It's just a seasonal position at a popular electronic store. And yes I didn't put the application in until after I was offered a position.

Well we are starting are Total Money Makeover (Dave Ramsey book) and I really wanted to tackle it head on.

Baby Step 1 - Save 1,000 Emergency Fund (so you don't have to used credit cards).

Okay $1,000 is not a whole lot of money, but it's a hard thing for us to hold on to all at once. I told my husband I should take on a second job for the holidays to get this money as fast as we can.

A couple of days later I told my husband I was having second thoughts about getting a second job, because I really enjoy being home now (working from home). So Wednesday night I prayed to God for help with my finances and to guide me to what I needed to do.

Thursday I started work as usual. All of a sudden I get an instant message from a fellow worker that an old Supervisor who no longer works for our Company was working at an Electronics store was trying to get a hold of me about a seasonal job. I had not told anyone outside our family about looking for a second job and really hadn't started looking. Plus, I work for a company of about 1200 employees so this was just crazy.

So, it turned out the phone number she gave me was the wrong number. So, I shrugged it off. Then a couple of hours later this past Supervisor of mine called me at home. She said I popped into her head last night when she was thinking of someone who could fill this position. She asked me to put my application in online and she would pull it.

I put my application in on Thursday and on Friday I received a call for an interview this coming Thursday. The interview would be done by a another person. It just so happens that the person doing the interview was someone I worked with several years ago at Wal-Mart and we had a great working relationship.

I told my husband that God has blessed me with this opportunity and there is no way I could ignore it. I'm so excited.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Enjoy the new job! I just started the Total Money Makeover and saving $1000 is going to be very hard for me- but I'll get through it! They told us that the first step is the easiest and the hardest!

Shelly's Style Shop said...

That is crazy, but COOL! ;-) I really hope you enjoy it. Just don't work to hard. Good luck on saving!

Love ya!

xoxo